Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall Break

I can't believe that it is "fall" already! Especially when it was over 100 degrees this week, crazy. I guess that is what we get with having such a mild summer.

Kids are off of school for 2 weeks and I've taken a few, very much needed, days off. I have to say that I really do like this school schedule, it is early getting back to school in July, but now when we are off it makes it worth it.

We are getting used to our new normal these days. The weeks seem to zoom by . . . between Trev going to school at 7:30 2 days a week, my Singing Hands class on Monday nights, Daryl's bible study on Tuesday nights, the kids have Awana & Youth group on Wednesday nights, by the time we get to Thursday's I'm ready for the weekend. Although I have to say it's really nice that both of the kids have church groups on Wednesday nights, Daryl and I have made every Wednesday night date night. Dinner with no children, who could ask for more!

Meghan has recovered from her little bout of pneumonia! Can I tell you how shocked I was when the doctor said she had pneumonia? She had been coughing and I had been giving her the breathing treatments for her asthma, but by the end of the week it wasn't getting better and I was running out meds so I took her in thinking it was just asthma. Although the day before her teacher told me that 2 other kids in her class had pneumonia. So Meg and I spend 5 days of togetherness at home. We had a camping trip planned so Daryl took Trev and Meg and I stayed home. The bad thing was that other than the cough she was acting totally normal and didn't feel sick, which while good, hard to keep her down. After 5 days of antibiotics and breathing treatments, Singular & Advair she is all clear and we are weening her off of the meds.

Well, lots of things on the to-do list for today so I better get going! Here is my latest favorite picture of Meg.

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture! Glad she's all better. Two weeks off-how about a trip north? ;)

    ReplyDelete