Sunday, October 4, 2009

Welcome Fall

I love the fall . . . I love the colors, I love the coolness, and I can't believe that it's already officially Fall! Something happened to September, not sure what, but it somehow got away much to fast. I'm sure most of it is figuring out our new schedule, which for the most part seems to be working ok.

The kidos are on Fall Break last week and next week, I'm taking a few days off so Meghan doesn't have to go to her old pre-school everyday! Trev ended up going up to Oregon with Mimi & Grampie at the very last minute last week Monday, so it's been a very quiet week around here, we all really miss him. They are on their way home now, should be hitting Redding anytime now, can't wait to give him hugs (which he will just love I'm sure), since they took him at the last minute I was already at work on Monday so I didn't get to hug him goodbye!

We also got the earring problem solved, thank goodness for great friends who are physicians! I really did not want to have Meghan have to have surgery to remove the earrings, but I was not having any luck getting them to budge, so I called Jenn to get her opinion and she agreed it was crazy to be put under for that. So on Friday Meg and I headed up to Rocklin and Jennifer got them out. Not without a little bit of a struggle, even though we gave Meg a little medication to "relax" her. Seems that most medications do not react as they should with her, and while she didn't go to sleep or even relax as we had hoped, it was almost as if she was agitated, and suddenly didn't want anything to do with getting those darn things out. Surprisingly the one with the back stuck inside came out much easier than the one that was just the post. Hard to tell from the picture but the one on the right, which was in the right ear, is very bent, not sure how that happened, but figure it might be why it was so hard to get out.

Once they were out Meghan was fine, we went and picked up Jennifer's daughter Tyler, her and Meg are only 4 months apart, but have never really gotten to play together. It was so fun watching them, they are 2 peas in a pod, 2 little giggle boxes, I'm now realizing what I must have put my parents through! They had a ball playing with the Littlest Pets Shops and with Tylers baby dolls, they even packed them up along with a diaper bag and brought them to dinner. It was so cute, I even got a picture of it, but someone must have deleted it while taking her self portraits with my iPhone. Should have taken more than one shot.

I also did a terrible job at my daily photos in September, so with a new month I'm motivated to get back on track. I have about 12 weeks of layouts to do, starting on those today and hope to finish them up this week. I have Tuesday and Wednesday off this week, so hopefully I can get some things checked off of the "to-do" list. I can't believe that the holidays are right around the corner, I really want to stay ahead of the game so that I can enjoy the crazy month of December and not be to crazy. All right, off to get a layout done before dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment