Saturday, October 10, 2009

You'll never guess what I found in the right ear . . .

Sunday night as I'm cleaning Meghan's ear I flip her right ear lobe up to see how the back is looking, and I see something shiny . . . I should not see anything shiny, blood and scabs are NOT shiny. According to the x-ray there was not a back in the right ear. Well, the x-ray was incorrect, there was indeed a back in the right ear. I was so not happy about this, I didn't want to take another trip to see Dr. Jennifer and I wasn't sure Dr. Khonsari and his big hands would be the best option either, so, that left Daryl and I. I was dreading it all day Monday, so I got home from work and had her soak in the bath tub to get it all cleaned warm and opened up, all to add ice to it to numb it. The easy part was she let me put the earring in the left ear, which went in nice and easy. So I started in on the right, couldn't really get a good hold of it from the back, then I tried to push it through using the earring, that didn't work either, the earring went all the way through. Daryl came to help, he got the ear turned enough that a little more of the back was showing, enough that I could use the earring and pull it out. whew, thank goodness . . . by Wednesday evening I got the right earring back in!!!! Finally I think this whole mess is DONE!!! She is now back to 2 earrings in her ears and we are cleaning and twisting twice daily.


On Wednesday we went to the dentist, it was long overdue for both of them, Meghan has no cavities and Trev has 2 surface ones, looks like he was lucky enough to get my "deep grooved" teeth, darn. He will have them filled next week and some sealants put on to help prevent future ones.


Today we did a little bit of this ~


Isn't quite riding on her own yet, but a little more practice and she will be gone!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that you have the ear "cleaned" up and back to normal. Didn't Meghan have a very sore ear? Nice to see Daryl pushing and holding Meghan upright on the bike, I have one just like it where I am pushing little Daryl on his first bike, the one with the big banana seat and hight rise handlebars, do you remember? Snowing here, leaves did not have a chance to turn, trees are green, but frozen. Warmer weather, from the south, is on the way later. Love ya, DAD

    ReplyDelete