Friday, April 23, 2010

Hello Weekend!

I'm happy to report that the end of the week has made an improvement over the middle of the week! And I'm happy that it's Friday and that the weekend should be sunny and warm! I love spring and the sun and that it gets warm during the day and cool at night. It could be spring all year round in my book.

While it was so beautiful out yesterday afternoon I worked on my little photo canvas project. You see, I've been trying to figure out what the heck to do on this huge wall ~

something that won't cost me a small fortune. I finally decided on a square of 9 photos, 3 across and 3 down (think Brady Bunch opening scene). So I had the picture you can see sitting on the staircase printed 20 x 30 and put it in a frame, remember I thought this wall was huge. Well, by the time you put a frame around a 20 x 30 print, it's pretty much huge when you want to put 9 of them on the wall. So, project went on hold until I could figure out a plan B.

Then I saw this idea, on a coupon web-site of all places, and can't believe that I didn't think of this before, taking a canvas, painting the edges and the putting a photo on top. Perfect!! I'd have canvas prints all over my house if they were not so darned expensive! Canvases were on sale last week at Michael's for 40% off + there was another coupon that could actually be stacked with the sale for an addition 40% off. So for about $1.50 a canvas I figured this would be the time to do this little project. Plus it's spring and I need a change around here! So I uploaded 5 pictures that I knew I wanted to use to Costco and wanted to get started.


After a little painting and some spray adhesive . . . this is the finished product . . . I'm loving it!



Need to do 4 more, but I not sure that I have the pictures I want to use, I want them all to be pretty recent so I may be looking for an occasion to get the perfect ones I want to use. The best part is that this whole project probably will cost about $75.00, which is a lot less than I figured I was going to have to spend if I was framing them all.

Now to convince my husband that they must be hung this weekend!

I'm gearing up to do Ali's Week in the Life Project next week. Ali, and a lot of other people, including my sis, spent this week documenting their everyday life through photos and words. I was going to do it this week also but Monday came and I just didn't feel quiet together enough to pull it off and decided it didn't matter that I didn't do it the same week as everyone else, in fact, I could spend the week looking at the way so many of my favorite people are documenting their weeks and get some ideas for myself next week. So I'm gearing up and excited to get started.

Off to go relax a bit before bed . . . and to try to put behind me all of the work stuff that keeps bringing me down, just when I thought my work situation couldn't get worse, it did, but I'm going to work hard to not let it consume my weekend . . . it's just not worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Way cool!!! were you successful in getting them hung???

    ReplyDelete