Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How does this happen?

That I get so off track that I neglect my poor little blog for so long? I actually think about often, but when I feel like there is just so much to catch up on I don't know where to begin . . . hence . . . nothing! That's the solution, right??

So, I'm going to jump in right where I am, as flylady would say. I'd forgotten about flylady when we moved, and that I can't believe was 3 years ago at the end of March! But, gotta love that there is now an app for flylady for my phone, so I'm trying to get back on the flylady and the awesome routines of getting stuff done! Her motto is that you are never behind and to jump in where you are. So, here I am, back . . . and hoping to do much better.

We are adjusting to Daryl back working graveyards. I have very mixed feelings about this, I thought it would be great, that is what we were used to and it will be great having him home during the day in the summer with the kids, although he may feel a little different about that! On the flip side we got so used to him being home and on the same schedule that we are for the last 10 months things are feeling a bit off right now. I know we will adjust and we are so so happy that he has found a job, a job that he is loving even, so I'm not complaining in the least.
We are winding down to the last 6 weeks of school, I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. Both the kids have had an awesome year, but I'll have to catch up with school accomplishment on another day!

Last week Meghan had to have her tooth pulled! Yikes . . . I was a little nervous for her, but she did so great. This tooth has been loose for 6 months, since her very large front tooth actually pushed out the tooth right next to her front tooth back in October. Her front tooth has now been coming in and trying to take up both spaces, it is quite large and it is looking like some major orthodontics will start in our near future. To make matters worse it was her dark tooth, it has been a nice shade of gray for several years, probably since she was 3 years old!!! She was becoming a little bit self conscious about it too and making an effort to smile with her mouth closed, which was probably a good idea since if she didn't pay attention she was smiling with one little tooth sticking out!


That picture was taken at the end of March. A few days before the scheduled extraction her other front tooth was loose and it came out after about 2 days!

And finally after the extraction last week. The dentist didn't even need any instruments to remove it, just got it good and numb and wiggled it out, whew!!! Thank goodness it was a good experience since there is a good possibility there will be more of that in the future. I'm sure the 20 bucks the tooth fairy left for her helped to!



And one last picture from yesterday . . . they look so cute and innocent, until you see the flailing hands of Meg trying to get to the dog and Trev trying to keep her away from the dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment