Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Momma said there'd be days like this

And if momma aka Mimi was anywhere near this state I think I'd have dropped off my sweet children to spend some quality time with her!

I'm not sure where the day went wrong! Well, with Trev it's not the day.....he's been grumpy for several days, he had a total meltdown over doing a bibliography for a report yesterday, and he had the detailed instructions right in front of him. He's tired of school, tired of his sister, and has absolutely no patience with anything, there has been a lot of huffing and puffing going on! I can definitely see the teenage boy start to come out in him, and I'm not sure I'm liking it much, we did my sweet little boy go?

Meg started out a bit rough front the time I walked in the door and said that we would be working on homework, she said no, I should have known I was in trouble! Our evening ended with a spanking, a temper tantrum, me taking away her new favorite CD of Justin Bieber, more tears when she got into bed and I'm pretty sure she was asleep by the time I got to the bottom of the stairs, about in tears myself for feeling like such a great mother. Aaahhhhhh.

But after a little bit of quiet and and a nice long bath it dawned on me that we are all going through a transition right now. The kids have gone from having their dad around 24/7 to hardly seeing him at all during the week. Our dinner time has been pretty casual and not sitting down with at least the 3 of us everynight, something I need to work on. So while this change is good for many reasons, it is a change and change is not always easy. Hopefully now that I've realized this we can figure out some ways to smooth it out a bit.

On a happier note, Meg & I stopped at Michaels after we dropped Trevor off at youth. As you know she got money from the toothfairy that is burning a hole in her pocket! She bought a few things last week (including the Justin Bieber CD) and a book and little ceramic bird a Michaels. When she paid she got a 40% off coupon of which she promptly put in her wallet. She picked out another book tonight from the $1 section and I about hit the floor when she pulled out her coupon! I was so proud of her! Unfortunately Michaels has this newish rule and the coupons don't work for books, so she couldn't actually use it, darn!

And because I like pictures, here she is at Mimi & Grampies house on Sunday trying to catch a lizard!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Hate days like that! Sounds like you guys need some serious family hang out time-I know when the meltdowns are high and the attitudes worse we usually head for the hills, or somewhere where we can just be a family. Movie night? Brunch out? And then just give it time-transitions take time!

    ReplyDelete