Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spring is here . . . and I hope it stays awhile!

It has been a beautiful week and weekend, luckily since Meghan and I spent 14 hours at the Oakley Relay for Life this weekend. We didn't actually do the walking, although I did do a lot of walking! I was helping with the "Bank" doing the data entry for the donations that come in through the day. So it was a little bit of work and then some eating and hanging out, then back to work. I had Meg with me, since Trev had his Band Festival also that day, which was supposed to be followed by going to Six Flags. Lucky for me there were some middle school kids there also helping out and Meghan took to one of them (like she does to most of the big girls she meets!) and the two of them hung out together the entire day! Made my working time so much easier and Meg had a lot more fun hanging out with her than she would have in a little room with me. We stayed Saturday night until almost 10:00 so we could see the Luminary Ceremony, Meg wanted to stay, she was actually trying to convince me that she should spend the night! It was a great day for a great cause. How awesome to see cancer gone in our lifetime?

Daryl convinced Trev that we should go to Six Flags another day, when we could actually get a whole days worth out of those expensive tickets! Trev agreed. His Jazz band also did great bringing home a silver, not sure if it's medal or trophy, but it's silver! Not bad, AND Trev had a solo that he failed to tell me about . . . boys . . .

So with a little extra time on his hands Daryl decided to take a drive to Turlock and look at the trailer we have been eyeballing on - line, in person. I guess the outdoor kitchen got him and he bought the trailer! And I'm actually excited! He picks it up on Friday, just in time for out camping trip next weekend! Now, we are crossing our fingers that it will actually fit in the garage, it's gonna be close and my van will officially be an outdoor van.

Well, off to make some cookies for Meghan's teacher, it's Teacher Appreciation Week, we are trying to do a little something everyday. I can't believe that we are only 1 month away from school being out, this year has gone by so quickly. I am so thankful for her teacher and the great year that she has given her and all of the students, sniff, sniff . . . I need time to stop for just a minute so I can catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment