Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A weekend of mixed emotions

We were all excited for Friday to get her because that was the day that Daryl went to pick up our new house on wheels, uuuummm, I mean trailer! I kinda don't think that I can say we are camping anymore, I have all of my luxuries of home, including a microwave and heated mattresses!
I spent Saturday morning loading up all of our stuff from the old trailer and washing all the pots & pans and trays, I always feel like I need to start the camping season fresh and clean! I made our bed with our old feather bed that we don't really need anymore since we got the new mattress and the nice warm flannel sheets. I've got sooooo much storage we won't have to pack and live out of storage boxes, which makes me crazy! We are excited to take it out this weekend and test it out!While playing in the trailer Saturday afternoon I got a call from Cole, he and Trev were over at the skate park by our house. He tells me that some guy was messing with Trev, hit him and took his iTouch and ran off ~ Daryl took off like a bat out of Haiti . . . I closed everything up and followed right behind, shaking and needing to see my boy. Trev had called 911 before Cole called us . . . so 3 cop cars were arriving at the same time I was. Daryl had Trev and they were looking for the kid in the neighborhood behind us where he ran off to.
Trev was pretty shaken up needless to say. I have to say that the Oakley PD was awesome, 3 officers showed up and didn't leave, well, except to go find a kid that they knew had just been released from prison the day prior, for doing the same thing. The officer wanted Trev to see if this was the kid, so he took his first ride in a police car ~ unfortunately it wasn't him. The officers were still at the park and talking to all the kids that were there, it's funny how the longer they stayed the more the kids remembered, soon they had figured out who this kids friend was. I figured at least it was a start, but the chances of finding him and getting Trev's iTouch back were probably slim to none. The officers were talking to Trev, they took photos of the bruising on his stomach and head, and were trying to get as much information from him as they could, wanting to know if the kid was in a line up would he be able to recognize him. I was surprised that they were on this like they were and asked them if they were really going to go looking for this kid. The officer said absolutely, that this is not tolerated and it is a personal mission of his to stop this kind of thing. Wow . . . I was a little surprised with that, but happy that hopefully they would find the kid. About this time one of the kids said, hey, there he goes, in the maroon car . . . the officers were out of there so fast . . . I'm so thankful that the kid saw him, one of the officers came back and picked up Trev do go ID him . . . and it was him . . . they brought Trev back to us and we were waiting at the park for them to come back and give us an update, the officer came back and had Trev's iTouch with him! I couldn't believe it. Not sure what will end up happening with this kid, but I hope something that will make him think twice before messing with kids younger than him.

Trev is doing good, we all stayed home on Monday, Meg said she didn't feel good and I think we all needed a little mental health day!

So after all of that drama it was also Prom Night for Kaitlyn, Meg has been looking forward to Prom since last years Prom! She spent the night with Kaitlyn and spent the day with all of her big girl girlfriends getting ready! Here are a few of the 400 I took that evening ~


I think I've made this post long enough so I think I will stop now, I have some more editing to do for Ashly's Senior Pictures that I took last week.

1 comment:

  1. Love those photos! I'm glad Trev's doing okay, I was close to losing my lunch when mom told me. Augh... just makes you feel sick, and mad, and then probably so relieved too. We've been praying for Trev this week-and you guys too!

    ReplyDelete