Sunday, January 24, 2010

13



My baby boy became a teenager on Friday. Man, I feel old!!! And I wonder how the time could go by so fast, 13 years . . .

We celebrated quietly with family on Friday night, keeping it low key because of the SAT test on Saturday, so he will have a little party with friends next weekend.

THIRTEEN . . . .

He is loving his iTouch, notice the big ol head phones around his neck, I guess it really does all come back around, couldn't believe he wanted those big things!

He actually likes music . . . that hasn't always been true. There were many car rides he cried asking me to turn off the music because it gives him a headache. Funny thing is that the music he listens to gives me a headache!

Loves getting itunes gift cards so he can load up his iTouch with music and games. His latest song download is the "Pants on the ground" song.

Also loves his Air soft guns

Still skateboarding and now also rides the ripstick (gotta get some pictures of that now that he has it figured out)

Will only wear "skinny" jeans

Playing the Sax and in the Jazz band 2 mornings a week before school, not even having to be on him as much to practice these days, nice change!

Watches sports with his dad, pretty much all of it, because he wants to. He understands it and asks intelligent questions about things, Daryl has been waiting oh about 13 years for this to happen

We are so proud of him and can't wait to see what the next 13 years bring. We love you Trev!


And here he is Saturday morning on our way out the door for the test . . .


This was his second time getting up! I guess he was a bit nervous about the test. I heard him come out of his room about 11:00 and go into the bathroom, he didn't come out so I went to see what was going on. I look in his room and his light is on, his bed is made and he was in the shower! I'm trying to talk to him though the locked bathroom door to find out why he is in the shower . . . I wasn't for sure that he was even awake, given his little bouts with sleepwalking . . . but he thought it was morning, and was not to happy about being awake at this point! I went and turned his bed back down, turned off his light and headed back to my room, before he came out of the bathroom, I could hear the grumpiness in his voice and didn't want to be in his way!!! The next morning he remembered that he dreamed he woke up and it was 7:30 and we were late! We had to be in Clayton at 7:30, so we would have been very late if that were the case. Thank goodness we got up and out of the house in time and arrived in plenty of time.

I thought it was funny, I know I never sleep well the night before something big is happening, and I guess he can't either!

And he said the test was "boring". That it was the longest 5 hours of his life, I couldn't get him food quick enough. It said it was hard, but that is not surprising, he still has a good 4 -5 year of learning before he will take it to count for college, we are just proud that he took the step and took the test in 7th grade.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe he's 13! Hope his testing went well-we're thinking maybe he needs a clock for his bedroom as a late birthday gift? ;)

    ReplyDelete