Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Progress Report


Trevor brought home his progress report yesterday . . . how is it that a child can have A's in every subject and a C in PE you ask? Well, let me tell you about how the PE teacher grades.

I thought it was odd a few months ago when the first progress report came home, Trev had all A's and a B in PE, I questioned him as to why he had a B in PE? Well, unlike when I was in PE they have to do 2 additional assignments each trimester, so the teacher will not give any student an A on a progress report because the 2 assignments have not been completed. They have not even been assigned! How can your grade be penalized for an assignment that has not been assigned? Sounded a bit off to me but Trevor guaranteed that by the time report cards came out he would have an A in PE, and he did.

Then comes the 2nd trimester, the 1st assignment was assigned on a Friday and was due the next Friday before Thanksgiving break, this was the week Trevor had the stomach flu, so being the good mom that I am I kept him home from school as to not send him to school throwing up and spreading his germs. He had the assignment completed on Tuesday but hadn't turned it in since it wasn't due until Friday. Well, he got sick on Wednesday and stayed home the rest of the week. Unfortunately, he didn't give it to me to take to school with one other project to turn in and when he tried to turn it in after the Thanksgiving break, the teacher said he could not turn in late assignments.

So that is why he has a C, he has "missing assignments", and the 2nd assignment of the trimester has not been assigned yet. I was going to e-mail the teacher and have a little rant, I won't be happy if this prevents him from having straight A's when it is report card time. But it looks like he can make up the "assignment" by running extra laps everyday.

I'm still annoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment