Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Safeway

I went to Safeway tonight because I had coupons for the cereal that was on sale that were just too good to pass up, even though I probably have 25 boxes of cereal in my pantry! For 8 boxes of cereal and 4 boxes of fruit snacks, I paid $5.70. I was very pleased with that, but when I went to the car and looked at the catalinas I got at checkout, I was laughing out loud, I got 2 $1.50 off your next purchase and a $2.00 off of, yes, you guessed it, more cereal. So I paid $5.70 and got back $5.00 in coupons. I had figured I paid roughly .50 an item, but now I figure it's more like .05 an item!! I love great deals!

Then I ran over to Raleys to get some more juice, they had a really good deal this week and we go through a ton of juice over here. So I got 4 bottles of apple juice and 2 packages of apple sauce for $6.00.

So for $11.70 out of pocket, I got all of this! Hard to believe that full retail for this is $64.98, I can't even imagine paying anything close to that. I think that before couponing and just shopping the sales I would have thought that about $2.00 per item here was an acceptable price and probably what I paid for these kinds of things at Target or Winco, but that still adds up to $36.00.


ok, off to bed . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment