Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My week of shopping deals

(Warning . . . very long post with lots of pictures!)

Since I can't keep everything I buy out until the end of the week I've been taking pictures of my shopping trips to do a weeks summary, my husband thinks I've officially gone off the deep end, I'm not sure what he will do if I come home with another box of cereal!!! But, hey, you can't beat .49 a box and I know that we will eat it. There were some really good deals out there, I started on Sunday hitting 3 Walgreens (the first 2 didn't have what I was looking for!), Raleys and then Target.

Total spent at Walgreens was $22.96 and at the end of the day I still have $10.00 in register rewards (good as cash) for my next visit.

I made a quick stop into Raleys, this was the 2nd trip this week, the cashier did a double take when she told me my total ~ $4.64, also included 3 ears of corn that Daryl already had on the BBQ when I took this picture!


Next was Target, my favorite store, but I haven't done much couponing there. I have discovered that you can get Target coupons on-line, this makes me very happy! Since I was there alone I could actually think and I had my coupon binder with me, I found some really great deals, the best was probably the Nabisco 100 calorie snacks @ .43 a box! Great deal, they were on sale at Safeway this week, 2 for $6.00, not such a good deal!! I was happy getting out of there for about $21.00.

On Monday I stopped at yet another Walgreens, Judy gave me a hint on where the fish oil tablets were hiding, you see, those were on sale for $8.00, but then you get and $8.00 register reward back, so it's as good as FREE! Spent a little more out of pocket on this trip, $13.78, but I got back $10.00 in register rewards. If anyone needs Peanut Butter come see me, you can see I've collected quite a bit this week, but the Peter Pan was being clearanced out for .87, since it doesn't expire till March I'm pretty sure it won't go to waste!


Then I read that the Dove "to go" products were marked down more than the price on the shelf showed, and I love the Energizing deodorant, thanks to Kaitlyn, I've been hooked on it since we went to Arizona last year, it smells soooooo good! They had the box with a body spray in it for $2.99, after the coupons I only paid $1.25 each. I also got the salad dressing for .09 each and the Crystal Light for .99.

I spent a total of $12.21 for all of this stuff!

I had to make one final trip to Raleys and get some more cereal, so this was another $1.47. I got 9 boxes of cereal this week for $4.41.


Wednesday was another trip to Walgreens to use some register rewards I've collected, before my trip today I had $20.00 in register rewards. Didn't really need the candy, but I did need a few more items because I had more coupons than items.

I spent $8.00 in register rewards and $5.28 out of pocket, and earned $4.00 more in register rewards. So I still have $16.00 left.

Another trip into Target, am loving getting the 100 calorie snacks for next to nothing, I paid $1.04 today per box, didn't have a manufacturer coupon to go with the Target coupons. Still not bad considering that I had to get a few things that were not on sale. Total spent was $13.82.


On Friday I wanted to get some more of the Fish oil and toothpaste, added some more peanut butter as a filler item since I was using more coupons than items I was purchasing again, and I couldn't pass up more .87 peanut butter. Didn't use any register rewards, the machine at this store acts up sometimes and I didn't want to risk not getting my $10.00 in rr so I just paid $13.87 out of pocket and took my additional $10.00 in register rewards!


Had to go to Wal-Mart so I took a few coupons of items I thought they might have pretty cheap, I spent about $6.50 for these items. I love that V8 juice but it is $5.00 in most grocery stores, it's only $2.98 at Wal-Mart and I had a $2.00 of coupon, can't beat that!


One last trip into Target for the week, found where they were hiding the Dove clearance deodorant and it was marked down even more, I got 2 more of them for .75 each. And I found this bag with Dove products on clearance for $6.28, this will be a good bag to put in the trailer for Meg and I when we go camping. Total spent $12.75.

Saturday was one final trip to Walgreens, just couldn't let those $8.00 in register rewards go away without one more bottle of fish oil! I used $8.00 in register rewards, earned another $10.00 and spent $12.30.

After this trip I still have $28.00 worth of register rewards in my wallet! So, here is how Walgreens breaksdown:


Total retail was $154.22
Total Paid out of pocket $ 69.90
Register Rewards earned $ 48.00
Register Rewards used $ 20.00
Like paying $ 41.90 for

4 bottles of fish oil
2 boxes of hair dye
5 tubes of toothpaste
9 candy bars
12 jars of peanut butter

I'll be amazed if you are actually still reading this! This is not my typical week, but there were some good items that I wanted to take advantage of. Adding all of the cereal and peanut butter to my pantry this week, along with a trip to Winco, put it on overload. So on Saturday I decided to clean out a cupboad in the garage that I was using to store Partylite stuff and turn it in to additional storage space, here is the before and after ~


So, I estimated that all of the about totaled about $307.00 and I spent $123.00, that's about a 60% savings overall, not to bad for a weeks worth of shopping!

5 comments:

  1. OK...I was convinced before but now I'm really a believer! When we get back from Mexico I want to start!!! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I made my first attempt at couponing this weekend and saved $60 using coupons and shopping smarter. I still have a lot to learn about this but can't thank you enough for the great tips!!!

    Shannan

    ReplyDelete
  3. have i told you lately that your my hero?

    ReplyDelete
  4. just curious...how many trips to the a store did you make? like, how many stores did you actually walk into for the whole week? (i didn't try and count them up in your post). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like 14, yikes, that seems like a lot! And not what I do on most weeks. Also, when I go into the stores I have a list and a purpose, so it doesn't take but maybe 10 minutes to get in and out.

    ReplyDelete