Friday, May 1, 2009

Where did this week go?

Somehow it's already or finally Friday, I'm not sure which. While it seemed like a long week, I don't feel like I was very productive, I hate getting to the end of the week feeling like that. I've gotten out of the habit of making a list daily of the things I need/want to get done, that makes a big difference for me, keeps me focused. And, I did not take one single photo this week! YIKES, I have some making up to do, I think I will go and take care of that right now so I can have some pictures with this post!

One thing I did do this week is dive a little deeper into this couponing stuff ~ can I tell you how addicting it is? There are so so many web-sites that tell you where the best deal are every week. Plus they will link you to some great additional coupons for even better savings. I think my best deal this week was on Got2B hair products. It was on sale 2 for $10.00, it is usually about $6.00 at Wal-Mart, I found a coupon for $2.00 off so I printed 2, and if you bought 2 you got $5.00 Register Reward back, so I ended up paying $1.00 for both of them.

I also reorganized my coupon binder. The more I'm doing this I feel like I can fine tune things a bit, when you first start it is a little overwhelming so I kept the major couponing to Wal-Greens. Now that I think I about have that mastered I realize how many coupons I'm not using when I go and do a large trip to Winco. Because their sales are not published anywhere I didn't take the time to pull coupons before I would go shop. Plus, my binder is 2 inches thick of coupons, it takes awhile to go through those. A few months ago I decided that each week I would go through the packets I got and cut out anything that I knew I would not use at the drug stores, that I would probably only use when I shopped at Winco. I found an old plastic divider and started putting the coupons in there. But, that darn thing drove me nuts! I lid doesn't stay open, I have to dig and can't see what I have, I would pull things out at the store and then they would fall on the ground. Needless to say it didn't work for me! So I decided to get some baseball card holders, some dividers and a binder and put my clipped coupons in those, by isle, so that I could easily find what I needed as I shopped, nothing to fall out or go through, I can see exactly what I have, hopefully Winco doesn't change their store layout anytime soon!!! I also got a small pair of scissors and a small calculator, there are many times I want to do the math to see if a sale item is a good price or not. So, here is my 2nd binder, I plan to try and carry it in the van so that these items are with me for spur of the moment stops too, and for those times, like today when I'm caught in an unexpected traffic jam for 40 minutes, I was able to cut a few coupons and finalize my Wal-Greens & Target stops I was planning on making.


Monday was a good mail day for us, I love happy mail. Meghan has been wanting the "Butterfly Treehouse" for awhile now. We looked at a few stores last week and couldn't find one, so I finally broke down and told her I would order one on-line. In the catalog from her teacher they were $25.00 + shipping, I thought that was a bit pricy so I searched and found the same thing on Amazon.com for $15.00. And with Amazon if you order $25.00 you get free shipping, so I figured it was a good time to order this book I've been wanting, and all for what I would have paid if I had bought from the original source! Now we both win. Anyway, both of those items arrived along with a little package from Papa & Gigi for Meghan. It was the cutest little dress, I was laughing as I took it out because it looked so familiar, it is the exact same dress I bought for Meghan for Easter! They obviously didn't see any Easter pictures, because I didn't take many, and I still can't believe that out of all of the clothes in Target, they picked out the exact same dress I did!!!


Ok, well, I have now blogged, taken my pictures for the week, and started a list of what I want to accompolish tomorrow, it's National Scrapbook Day! Steph and I will spend the day scrapping, I plan to do some paper stuff and some digi stuff, and in general hopefully knock a few things off of my Scrapping "To-Do" list. Crossing my fingers that little Miss Meghan will cooperate with us and not make me crazy! I did a little bit of bribing when we went to Target today (is that bad?) So, Trev should be helping me out and Meghan picked out this little book to she could "scrap" with us. Wish us luck!



Time to go and make Daryl some coffee before he heads off to work, only 5 more weeks at Longs! Exciting and scary, hoping that a new job will come his way very soon and that it will be a day job, will be nice for us to all be on the same schedule again.

1 comment:

  1. I've found the same issue with the coupon organizer thing-it's nice to have them all right there but that darn thing just isn't user friendly!

    And-we're praying for you guys and the next five weeks.

    ReplyDelete