Thursday, June 11, 2009

Alone . . .

My wonderful husband took the kids, the dog and the trailer and went camping, for 4 days, without me! It is VERY quiet around here, other than the sound of Stitch squawking every now and then, and I am enjoying it very much. Don't get me wrong, I do really miss them, and after 4 days I am going to be really excited to see them, but there is something about having time alone, time to not have to do anything for anyone, well, I do have to give the bird fresh water everyday and bring in the newspaper, and I should probably unload the dishwasher that Daryl started before he left, but other than that, I'm pretty much not doing anything I don't want to do, and I'm loving it!

What I have done is gone to K-Mart, hate that store, but they are having double coupons this week so I decided to make a trip. How much would you pay for all of this stuff?

All of this before sale/coupons is $62.04

2 bottles of listerine
2 bottles of Pert Shampoo
2 bottles of Hawaiian Tropic Suntan oil, and yes, mom, one of them even has sunscreen in it!
3 bottles of Hair Gel, for Trev
1 tube of Dora toothpaste for Meg
2 tubes of mascara
2 bottles of hairspray
2 cans of shaving gel
2 bottles of hand soap

I paid $13.40, a savings of about 80%! This is all stuff that we will use, this makes me really happy! I only had time to make it through the toiletries section, I have some cleaning coupons pulled so I need to try and make one more trip before Saturday.

I also went to Wallgreens, they had another $5.00 off a $25.00 purchase, there were a few things I needed, savings not quiet as good as K-Mart, but still not to bad.

I spent $20.87, saved $22.73 and earn $5.00 in Register Rewards. A savings of 52%, both items I need. The M & M's I had to put in at the last minute because my total was at $24.87 and I needed to be at $25.00 for the $5.00 coupon to work. Darn! Mental note, gotta hide those M & M's before the family returns!

The exciting life of a mom, I'm sure years from now I will laugh at all of this coupon shopping, or who knows maybe I'll still be doing it!

Going to head to bed, can't keep my eyes open!

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting better at this couponing thing! I cannot thank you enough. Poor Allan has to listen to me as I celebrate my savings from Walgreens. LOL!!!

    Shannan

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so they really did go! Lucky you. Have fun with all of your alone time- I am jealous :)

    ReplyDelete