Saturday, June 27, 2009

Coupons

Daryl has put me on coupon restriction! He just shakes his head when I come home with more bags and says "I hope you can find a place to put all of that stuff that I don't really think we need any more of!" He is partly right, I don't really need anything at the moment, and that feels really good. I have officially out grown my "new" pantry, I'm going to need to do some creative re-organizing as soon as it's not 120 degrees in the garage! Here are a few updated pictures ~

This is the overflow from my kitchen pantry, which is full since I made a Winco trip last week and restocked all my canned goods! And I didn't show you the inside of the garage fridge, uuummm, it's full too!

And on to upstairs for all of the toiletries ~

and finally the laundry room. I've never kept excess in laundry detergent and softner, loving that I don't have to run to the store unplanned to get something that I have run out of.


Needless to say I'm set for awhile. We will be clean and have food for several months I'd guess, only buying fruits/veggies/dairy products. Any shopping that I will do will have to be a huge savings. I have $30.00 in Wal-Green's register rewards that I will use this week, which will bring up my percentage saved. I spent more than normal there in the last 2 weeks because of a sale they were having on John Frieda hair products. I think I got about $114.00 worth of hair stuff for $36.00, almost a 70% savings. So I have lots of register rewards to use. I'm working to keep a 60% or better savings rate, I'm a little under that right now because of my Winco trip. Anytime I do a large shopping trip there my savings average goes down because I can't accurately figure out my savings, they are so much cheaper on so many things than Safeway or Raleys.

I also decided to try and not spend the Target gift cards that I've been earning from their specials and put them away safe and sound to use at Christmas time . . . I've already got $25.00, thinking I should be able to get quiet a few saved in the next 6 months.

2 comments:

  1. im glad im not the only one in trouble.
    -Your partner in crime, stefie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm worried. I'm looking for the nearest Chapter of Couponer's Anonymous and signing both you AND Steph up!!!

    ReplyDelete