Monday, June 1, 2009

Getting back into the swing of things

It's been a rough couple of weeks and I feel totally behind in everything! We've been dealing with Meghan and her allergies and newly diagnosed asthma, which thankfully is finally under control. Unfortunately, it took 3 visits to the doctors to get it all figured out. The really frustrating part is that I told him a week before that I thought see needed a breathing treatment. He apparently didn't feel it was necessary and instead prescribed cough syrup with codeine. Well, it didn't work! She had had this cough for about 3 weeks, and all of the medications he put her on for allergies (Zyrtec, Flonase, eye drops) were working fine for all of the other symptoms, all except for the darn cough, the cough that was keeping us up for 2 - 3 hours every night. The cough that was causing her to gag and throw up, and we all know how much I like dealing with that, especially in the middle of the night. Daryl and I spent about 2 weeks sleeping on the couch with her. Last Monday night I was ready to just take her to the ER because I was so done listening to her suffer like she was. From her first doctors appointment to her 3rd appointment last week, she lost almost 2 lbs, it was less than 2 weeks. That is a lot of weight for a little 48 lb. little girlie.

So I took her back in Tuesday afternoon, and guess what, she is wheezing! That was a huge shock to me!!! And it was all I could do to not slap the doctor for making us suffer for a whole week unnecessarily. So, after a breathing treatment and a chest x-ray just to make sure there was no infection, we were sent home with our own little breathing machine and a ton of albuteral.

She has done amazingly well with all of her meds, she does the nose drops herself and tries to do the eye drops, I hate giving her so much medicine, but after the first day/night of breathing treatments we have been sleeping all night without coughing attacks, thank goodness it's working! Since all of this started she has been staying up way to late and therefore I haven't been able to work on my stuff! I'm behind on my 365 layouts for the first time this year, I'm still trying to get some photo's edited from the pictures I took at pre-school. Hopefully I can get a little caught up this week, I'm having a baby shower here for a friend on Saturday, so I gotta get things together!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I had no idea! Glad things are under control-that's no fun.

    Hope you get caught up soon!

    ReplyDelete