Saturday, April 18, 2009

Catching up . . .

Where did the week go? I think I left off getting ready for Easter, which was nice, but I was sick, so we never did dye the eggs, or even have an egg hunt, the Easter Bunny did get the little plastic eggs filled but didn't have it in her to actually hide them. I also didn't get any Easter pictures, and that I am bummed about. I might have to have a little reenactment as soon as I get Meghan's little white dress clean!

We went to church and actually got there early enough to get a seat! It was really crowded. Then since Willy's was closed for Easter, we went over to the Tidwell's for bagels and then headed home. I took a nap while we waited for Mimi & Grampie to come over. We had a nice quiet afternoon and a yummy dinner of ham, yummy potatoes, rainbow jello and rolls. I also made a new dessert, it's the one I tried to make last Easter buy couldn't find the cake meal I needed. It turned out really good and very tart. I'm going to have to make it again.


These are the only 2 other pictures I got, but it is nice as it represents the kids actually playing a game together, working together and not arguing about it!


And a very blurry picture of Mimi, Grampie & Meghan being silly.


And then here are the eggs that never got dyed, next year we'll do double!


Tuesday was the Retirement Party, it turned out really nice and so did the slide presentation, whew!

Wednesday's track meet got cancelled, I'm guessing because the weather was so bad, thank goodness, it was freezing and I wasn't looking forward to being outside in the cold for 3 hours. Instead Michelle, Mrs. Jeannette's daughter, came over and used my scanner to scan a bunch of old family pictures for a scrapbook she is making. While she was using my computer I got my scrapbook room cleaned up a bit and a little less clutterly looking.


Thursday I decided I had better just get the grocery shopping done, otherwise I'd be out with everyone else on Saturday, and Winco on a Saturday makes me really grumpy. For some reason putting the groceries away always make me want to straighten up the cabinets, so I started on the two that I didn't get done on my last cleaning spree. I had all of these Tupperware containers pushed to the back of my container cabinet, I thought I was already using most of my Tupperware storage containers, but apparently not.

I went on a little binge a few years ago buying this stuff, it was after I found little buggies in my spices! So I try to put anything that is in a box that won't get used all at once in Tupperware, not I have lots to fill, I'm not sure that my cupboard will hold all of these filled up!

Friday was Trevor's re-scheduled track meet. It was about 80 outside and very pleasant to be sitting outside, I actually should have put sunscreen on Meghan, her little checks got some sun. Trev did the shot put again, he won't know how he did until Monday and then the 200 meter, he came in 5th out of 8, an improvement over the last time.


Well, I think that about brings me to today. We are hanging out at home catching up on laundry and stuff. Later we will go over to see Kaitlyn all dressed and ready for her dance.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment