Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday Monday

Mondays are my least favorite day of the week. I used to love Mondays, that was when I was off on Mondays! I loved that schedule, when I worked Tuesday, Thursday & Fridays or before that when I worked Wednesday, Thursday, Fridays. Mondays are great for catching up after a busy weekend, for easing in to the week. But now I work Mondays, and to make it worse, it's my work all day day. Anyway, work was ok today, probably in part due to the Starbucks Double Shot + energy that I drank mid-morning, but I got a lot done.

Got home and Daryl left with the kids to go to his nephews baseball game! A little bit of quiet to end my Monday. So as I'm happily sitting here catching up on my daily blog reading, my computer screen goes black! Yikes, the power went out! Came right back on and then went out again for almost an hour and a half. It was starting to get dark and I was just about ready to find all the candles in the house! Don't know what all of that was about, but there isn't much to do with no power, so I went and took a walk and then visited with the neighbor, I can guarantee you that I would not have done either of those things if the power hadn't of gone off. Really makes me wonder what life would be like without this computer that I sit in front of for way to many hours each week.

So I didn't get the pictures scanned like I wanted to. I'm working on a slide presentation for my "other mother" who is retiring from the hospital, most all of the pictures are real pictures, luckily my scanner will scan several at a time and save them in individual files, that will now be tomorrows priority!

I just realized that I haven't taken my picture for today, better go do that and then it's off to bed before I fall asleep on the couch, like last night!

2 comments:

  1. We were without our internet connection all Friday and most of the weekend-it was such a blessing (even if it was frustrating at first!) It's good to pull away every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder that too. The last time the power went off we lit every candle in the house and sat down to talk and then remembered the laptop had a full battery. So sad. We both scrambled to get the computer first...Greg won...do you think God allows these little power blips to bring us back to reality??

    ReplyDelete