Friday, April 3, 2009

Track Season has begun

Track season has started. I found that out when I got a call at work on Wednesday from Trevor telling me he had practice after school until 4:00, ok, not a problem. When he came out at almost 4:30, and yes, I had been sitting there since 5 minutes till 4:00, he told me he had a Track Meet on Thursday, at 4:00, and he had to be there at 3:30. Alrighty then, so glad we didn't have any other plans, except that I was supposed to be working until 3:00!

Track is all new to me, it looked more like

-->unorganized organized chaos to me, I guess that is how Track is, but you know me, I like a little organization here and there. For the most part of the 3 hours we spent out there we spent trying to find him, there was basically a huge cluster of green, and from the stands they pretty much all look alike!
There was a lot of waiting around and a time where he was doing the shot put and we couldn't see him. Towards the end, well, what I thought was the end, all the teams lined up on the field to do a race 6 at a time, I'm sure this particular race had a name, like the 100 meter dash or something, but I have no idea what it was, but Trev looked awesome when the gun shot off. He's the 4th from the left.


He came in #5, not to bad for his first race. I'm sure once we get him some running shoes this weekend he will do even better!

Here is a picture of Meghan, it was taken right after she lost one of her ladybugs! She got another one at school on Thursday, a sister for "Alison", who had been taking a very long nap since the night before! She had this ladybug out and Mom kept saying it was going to blow out of her hand because it was so windy, and she was right, all of a sudden I look up and this is what I see! Double click on the photo so you can see the expression on her face.

With promises that we would look for more ladybugs when we got home she recovered without too much of a scene, whew!


Here Mimi & Meghan are examining the remaining ladybug, who was also still "napping". Meghan informed us that ladybugs sleep for the summer. So, that's the story we are going with for now.

So, I was really hoping that the Track meets would be shorter than baseball games, but if last night was any indication that is not the case. Meg & I finally went to the car at around 6:00 cause it was windy & FREEZING, the boys didn't make it out until about 6:40. At least it's a short season, only 5 weeks, and practice is right after school, which makes it much easier than baseball practice. Will be a fun new experience for all of us!

1 comment:

  1. that's too funny about the ladybug-what an expression! (and kind of looking like her brother too). I guess ladybugs are sleepy? I sure never knew that!

    ReplyDelete