Tuesday, March 17, 2009

aaahhhh . . . things are getting back to normal

With Trev being gone for 8 out of 13 days life around here just felt a little out of whack. Needless to say I'm glad to have him home and having things get back to normal, whatever that is.

He had a great time with Papa & Gigi in Arizonza (I mean at Baseball Camp) and he loved hanging out with his cousin. They went to a ball game on Saturday, swam, swam and swam some more, till they were literally BLUE! I guess Papa's pool was about 60 degrees but it didn't seem to bother them. And lucky for Trev he is on Spring Break for the next 2 weeks, so we are hanging low for a few days so he can recover from all of his travels.

So, I registered Miss Meghan for Kindergarten last week. After much turmoil of trying to figure out what the best situation for us will be, considering that I have no idea what Daryl will be doing by the time school starts in July, I ended up just getting her registered in Oakley. I had considered trying to get her into Belshaw since it is closer to work and Mimi's, making it easier on picking her up in the afternoons, but it was just to stressful. First Oakley would have to release her, which based on work & childcare they should be ok doing that, but Antioch would not let us know if she was in until 2 or 3 days before school starts in August, which is problem #1 since Oakley starts school in July, so what do I do for the first month? Then Antioch could not guarantee that if she got into the District that she would actually get to go to Belshaw, they would place her in ANY school that had space, well, there are a bunch of schools in Antioch that I would NOT want her to go to. So, I requested afternoon kindergarten, which starts at 10:45 and goes till 2:35. So, I think for most days I will be able to pick her up at school and then get Trev, solving the other problem of getting Trev to and from school. So, now I'll just need to figure out the mornings. Meanwhile, I can't believe that my baby is going to kindergarten!!!

And because I don't like posts without pictures, here is one I took of Meghan the other morning, what WAS Santa thinking bringing all of this Barbi stuff???? I don't remember having this many little pieces when I had Barbies ~

No comments:

Post a Comment