Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tomorrow is the 1st day of Spring

And I must have been getting ready for it's arrival today. I had absolutely NO plans of doing any cleaning today, but I guess all of the beautiful sunlight shinning in on my dusty blinds just got me started. After dusting the blinds in the kitchen and family room I brought in what I thought was all of my Easter stuff, but, I think I'm missing stuff, although I couldn't tell you what exactly. I think a trip up to the attic is going to happen this weekend. Since I felt like I was missing stuff I headed to the extra bedroom to rummage through my Partylite stuff, didn't find any of the Easter stuff, but I did get rid of a ton of paperwork and old catalogs. I haven't done much with Partylite in the last 2 years and usually going in and smelling the candles and looking at the product I get a little antsy and want to do a show, but today, nothing . . . I have absolutely no desire to sell candles anymore. I don't know why exactly. When I saw the 2009 catalog I was not impressed at all, hard to get excited to sell something your not in love with, which I used to be in love with more of the product than not. And I guess the other reasons are time and interest, my interests have changed and I'd rather spend my taking pictures or scrapping or playing in Photoshop. Plus with working almost full time the last thing I want to do at the end of the day is go out and do a show. Partylite was a great thing for me for many years, I started selling when Trev was a year old, so I guess I put in a good 10 + years. I loved selling when I was not working outside the home, because by the end of the day I was really ready to get out for a bit! So I happily threw out all my old catalogs and paperwork that I don't think I'll be needing. I will miss the discounted and free products, but I'm pretty sure I'll have candles to last me for another few years and really, how many accessories can one have? I already have a house full of all my favorite Partylite products.

Anyway, I then moved on to the dresser in the extra bedroom, it seems to be a collector of random stuff. In one of the drawers I found these ~


These were Mama's tap shoes, they are so tiny, a size 5! I don't know why I have them, but I think it was one of those things that were in the sauna when we moved into her house, also in this box was ~


This is the thermometer that was also in the sauna, aka: my big storage closet when we lived on Shaddick and before the remodel, hummm, I bet I have some before and after pictures of that ~


So there you go, the before, during and after of the sauna, I mean closet I had for about 10 years. I did have to do some creative storage and purging in order to have this bath tub, but I love love love how this bathroom turned out. This soaking tub was heaven, I have a nice tub now, but I still miss this one!

So I feel like I got a little head start on the spring cleaning, although it is just little things that I will notice, but that's ok, it makes me happy to have everything neat and orderly and in it's place.

I think I will stop typing now, this post ended up in places I had never even thought of!


1 comment:

  1. those shoes are cool-I don't think I ever saw those, or even knew she did that? Happy Cleaning!

    ReplyDelete