Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Momma said there would be days like this . . .

It started out rocky and it ended pretty rocky. The time change has not made the mornings easy this week. Meghan did not want to get out of bed and she did not want to go to school today. Pretty unusual for her, she begged me to let her stay home with Dad, I told her that dad needed to sleep today, she assured me that she would be a good girl and that he could sleep, she would just watch TV all day! Yea right!!! Then she whined saying she didn't want to stay and take a nap at school and could I pllleeeeaaaaassssseeeeeee pick her up before her nap. Needless to say getting out the door this morning wasn't easy and I was 15 minutes late to work, again.

Things didn't get much better once we got home, the whining started about one thing or another. We left to go to the store so I could pick up some Linguisa for Trev to take to Dad tomorrow, since he can't find it in Arizona, the whining and not listening and sassy mouth continued all the way home, so it was a no TV early to bed evening here. On her way to bed she got out a piece of paper and wrote this for me ~

it says:

Mom I'm sorry

Meghan

So sweet, hoping that a little extra sleep tonight will make for a nicer tomorrow.

Tomorrow Trev also leaves for Arizona, with his cousin, on an airplane, by themselves!!! Yikes!!!! I know that they will be fine and Dad has promised to call me as soon as he has possession of them. They will have a great weekend I'm sure, they are going to a Spring Training game on Saturday. Oh, and as far as Meghan knows, Trevor is going to "Baseball Camp" this weekend. So I think he is all packed and ready to go.

It was one of those busy weekends, Zac & Gina and the kids drove down on Saturday, so after running errands all afternoon, we headed over to moms for pizza and to visit for a bit. Mimi & Grampies was just a pit stop to their final destination of Disneyland!!!! The kids didn't know it until Monday morning, and then they headed out Tuesday morning to visit the mouse!


Sunday was church and bagels, back over to Mimi & Grampies for lunch, Anth, Cari, Hayden and Gabe also came, and I took no pictures! On our way home that evening we got a call from Tidwells that our long lost friends, also here visiting from Oregon were heading over, so after a quick trip home to let Max out we headed over there for awhile, it was great catching up for a few minutes and the kids had a great time. Rachelle used to watch Trevor, and he and Micah were buds, I know Trev enjoyed hanging out with him for a bit.


Micah, Cole, Trev & Josiah


Meghan & Selah

It took a few minutes for the shyness to wear off, but after that they were instant friends! Selah just turned 4. I asked Meghan if she had fun and she said "When I first talked to her it was awesome!" I thought that was so cute. I just wish they didn't live so far away! We got home way to late Sunday night which was probably the start to the rough week. But sometimes, that is just they way it has to be.

I think this weekend I will try and keep it a little on the quiet side!

No comments:

Post a Comment