Thursday, July 23, 2009

Camping in Columbia - Part 2 - Pinecrest

We got up Sunday, had breakfast, yummy breakfast burritos that Steph made, seems to be our traditional camping breakfast, I love them, don't know why I don't make them at home? Daryl walked with the boys over to Columbia, they really wanted to go

see the town I mean, buy candy at the candy store, so they took a quick trip while I packed up a few things so we could head up to Pinecrest.

Looks just like I remember it from when we used to go when I was a kid. Last time we were there was in 2004, Trevor and Hayden were 7 1/2, Meghan was only 8 months old, Levi was about 17 months old, Cayden was in Gina's belly, and Aida . . . well she was still a few years away from making her appearance! I was looking for a picture to post and Meghan came over and said "who is that sitting next to Aida?" Too funny, it was Meghan sitting next to Levi, my what 5 years will do!

We packed a picnic lunch and ate real quick when we got there, Meghan was very excited to get in the water! She has been a fish since day 1 ~

Have I mentioned how much I love my kids feet?


Meghan and Daryl made a few sandcastles, we were very unprepared with the water and sand toys

So Daryl went to the little store to see what he could find, he came back with an air mattress (hummm . . . to bad we didn't have this the night before for the boys to sleep on!)

so they all took turnes floating around on it.

I think we packed up around 4:30 so we could get back to camp and celebrate Cole's birthday with a yummy dinner and a little more swimming, of which I have no pictures of the swimming, but it looked just the same as the ones from the night before!

Monday we tried to get packed up and out early, I think we made it by 11:30, wanted to get home to see my dad who was in town for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures! That seems like so long ago-we need to stage an update for that picture!

    And-you know we aren't that busy-we just had that one week unavailable....

    ReplyDelete